New Year’s Eve is one of my favorite holidays. It is the opportunity to celebrate the gift of a new chapter! We are gifted another beautiful year to love more, give more, worship more. It is another chance for each of us to improve ourselves and find hope in what is to come.
As we embark on the journey of a new year, it is always important to reflect on the previous one. God gives us the beautiful gift of life every day we wake up with breath in our lungs. How we treat this gift is a reflection of how we view our Father.
At the close of every year/the start of a new chapter, I ask myself five questions:
- What do I want more of in my life next year?
- Is something I’m doing no longer serving me?
- What will make me feel more alive?
- At the end of every day — and at the end of every year — I need to know that I can put my name on the day and know that I have given more than I have taken. How have I contributed to my community and what will that look like in the new year?
- Are the activities and commitments I have made/will make a the reflection of a God-First Life?
I encourage you to go through these questions yourself. Modify them to fit your personal needs for this brand new year. This is a new opportunity to serve God and serve others with the talents and passions you have been given. Make it a BOLD one!
“The Lord replied, “Look around at the nations; look and be amazed! For I am doing something in your own day, something you wouldn’t believe even if someone told you about it.” – Habakkuk 1:5
“But if we wait expectantly for things we have never seen, then we hope with true perseverance and eager anticipation.” – Romans 8:25