Ever wonder how your walk with God is? Well, here is a little self-awareness guide to help you tell if you are in communion with God.
Sometimes we can hit a dry spell in our spiritual lives or feel a bit lost, tired, or underwhelmed. This in turn can affect our emotions/energy levels and our general approach to life.
How can you tell if you aren’t still walking in a fully rich and satisfying relationship with God?
I recently heard an excellent teaching on how to tell if you are not walking in full communion with God. Please note, when I say ‘full communion’ with God, I am talking about experiencing the full and abundant life that Jesus promised us (John 10:10).
Here are some signs that we aren’t walking with God:
- Being in a bad mood or get offended easily and are overly sensitive
- Criticizing most things
- Having victim mentality
- Consistently feeling underwhelmed by life, bored, or depressed
- Lacking increase or fruitfulness in your life
In contrast, when we walk in a full and satisfying relationship with God, we experience the following:
- A good mood without being easily offended
- Being positive and hopeful
- A victorious outlook
- Excitement and motivation about life
- Much increase, fruitfulness, and growth
Related Post: Who God Says We Are
With that said, here is no condemnation for us even if we feel more of what is in List 1, than in List 2 (Romans 8:1). But know this, God is rooting for you and wants you to experience the fullness of His love for you.
Reflect on the following:
If you are not experiencing the fullness of God’s promises in your life, take the time to reflect on His Word.
- You are the righteousness of Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:21)
- You have peace with God. (Romans 5:1)
- God has a plan and purpose for your life (Ephesians 3:10/ Jeremiah 29:11)
- You have everything you need already inside you (Ephesians 1:3)
- God love you (John 3:16)
I am praying for you, that you would seek to spend more time resting in His love and receiving, and not trying to earn what’s already yours.