In order to protect your identity you must understand your self-image. What is your self-image? Do you see yourself as too tall or too short, too fat or too skinny, big nose, big ears, not pretty enough, too young or too old. Or maybe you love the way you look but you believe you are not smart enough, don’t measure up, not funny enough or you judge yourself against all your peers.
Have you ever thought “Where do these thoughts come from?”. They certainly don’t come from God your creator!
Continue Reading: What lies are you believing? »
The Bible tells us that the enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy. (John 10:10) A negative body or self-image is the devils way of stealing your identity. Little by little we lie to ourselves and put our identity in the hands of the enemy.
The Bible also tells us that we are made in the image of God. (Genesis 1:27) I can only imagine how our father’s heart breaks every time we have these thoughts and allow the devil to steal our identity. Since God created us in HIS image that means we are perfect and beautiful and He created us to be just the way we are! – This does not mean that we should not be healthy and take care of the body that God created for us to live in, our body is His temple but that is a whole other message.
In order for us to protect your identity and change our habit of thinking we must do 4 things:
1. Truly believe that we are made in the image of God.
2. We must lay all of our insecurities at the feet of Jesus and allow him to transform and renew our minds. (Romans 12:2)
3. When we have a negative thought, interrogate it:
Who sent you?
Why are you here?
If the thought is not from God then we must take the thought captive, demolish it and make it obey Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:5)
4. We must follow the words in the bible from Philippians 4:8: “Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.”
We must know what God says about us and who we are in Christ and we must meditate on these things!
- You are a child of God. – John 1:12
- I am God’s incredible work of art. – Ephesians 2:10
- I am greatly loved. – Romans 5:8
- My old self was crucified with Christ. – Romans 6:6
- I have been accepted by Christ. – Romans 8:17
- My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit. – 1 Corinthians 6:19
I pray that we each would recognize and walk in our Christ given identity. Not allowing anything, or anyone to tamper with it! I also pray that we could share this insight and love with everyone we come into contact with. We must do what we can to shut down this identity theft completely!