So one of my good friends introduced me to a concept he came up with not too long ago. Im sure you have all heard about a SELFIE and the phenomenon they have become. Well his idea was similar but a little different. He took his phone and turned the camera around as if he was going to take a selfie, then put the phone on a table where the camera is looking at the ceiling. With nothing else in the picture other than the ceiling he would take the picture and call it a #Roofie.
I want to use the post today to explain “Roofies” and how I relate them to God…yes you heard that right.
- That’s the whole point…to look up and see the ceiling (roof)
- If you keep your eyes UP, God will always tell you to go love on other people, especially those you don’t know.
- Its very easy to get into the “selfie” mentality, where you act as an introvert and don’t want to engage with anyone other than yourself or those that you are in your comfort zone. Even though Jesus did spend time with his disciples, He made sure that when there was a crowd around He either sent out the disciples to go to the people or He did it Himself.
- Its important to have those you can be close with, but God also calls us to go OUT!
Related Post: The Mark of True Discipleship
- Similar to a selfie….when someone sends you one, it makes you want to send one back from where you are. It never fails, that every time one of my friends sends me a roofie, it makes me want to send one back from where I am.
- There is no perfect way to take a #Roofie which means… there’s no such thing as a bad roofie
- It’s always going to look different than where you are, and the “roof” you are looking at.
- Even in the same room, the position and angle you are in will look different (even if just a little bit) than the person standing next to you.